PROJECT ADMINISTRATION AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT [FULL-TIME]
The Project Administrator and Business Development team member, as a member of the Infrastructure Development Division of PADECO, will actively contribute to (i) the identification and development of new business opportunities for projects and tenders and (ii) the assistance to the management of projects at various stages of maturity in the Transport (Highways, Roads, Ports), Urban development and Water infrastructures sectors, implemented by the company outside of Japan in the context of programs financed by international financial institutions (IFIs) or bilateral development agencies such as the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank (WB), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), etc..
The Business development part of the job, participating in the business development team, will include the following tasks:
- Market monitoring though different tools, establishment of partnerships / consortium arrangements and preparation of expressions of Interest and tender documents.
- Drafting of technical offers and preparation of budgets for projects financed by IFIs and donor organizations, in the context of international tenders.
- The identification and selection (based on an assessment of their CVs and some direct exchanges) of suitable independent experts to be mobilized for participation in planned or ongoing projects.
- Other various tasks as needed, including participating at improving internal procedures and documents and participate sharing knowledge within the team.
The Project Administrator part of the job will require contributing to project implementation in the form of:
- Assistance to Internal Project Directors in their different tasks in managing projects, planning, and coordinating teams of experts and their technical contributions as well as assisting with logistics.
- General project administration, budget management and financial reporting using the various company accounting systems, invoicing, processing payments, and drafting experts’ contracts. Managing contractual agreements will be an important part of the job and will involve communicating with the Client on the administration of the project’s contract and with internal participants (Project Director and management, consultants, legal and financial, general administration, accounting department, etc.)
- Supporting technical work and production and editing of deliverables in the framework of the projects managed by PADECO, with the aim of maintaining and further develop his/her technical skills and other competences. This involves quality control work, through the review of specific outputs produced by experts engaged in the projects.
Balance in the working time of the candidate between business development-related work and project administration and management work will be discussed with the candidate based on her/his experience, skills, interest and motivations.
What PADECO has to offer
- A permanent contract with a dynamic Tokyo-based company integrated in a fast-growing multinational engineering services company, with very good development prospects, specializing in the implementation of sustainable development projects (transport, urban development, water resources management, and others …) all over the world and in particular in developing countries.
- Integration in a young and dynamic Project Management team working in close collaboration with a Business Development team and in-house senior infrastructure experts.
- Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse infrastructure-related projects; (ii) participation in company-wide networks of specialists; and (iii) participation in internal knowledge exchange and other capacity building activities.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with the following profile (but feel free to apply if you think you match our needs and explain us !):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5 years of professional experience is a minimum, up to 10 years depending on the degree and the area of professional experience. We will value candidates with proven interest or experience in the international development arena and/or with experience in the infrastructure sector.
- A strong project delivery and commercial orientation, with motivation and interest in contributing to business development.
- Excellent communication skills, with motivation and interest in regularly interacting with existing and potential clients, partners, experts, … and of course colleagues.
- Able to work under pressure that requires multi-tasking and meet very strict deadlines (imposed by the preparation of commercial offers to clients).
- Proactive and make decisions and suggestions in her/his area of responsibility.
- Ability to work as a committed team member.
- Flexibility to work in a constantly changing project environment.
- Native or business level in English is fully required (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Basic Japanese language skills in speaking, reading and writing would be preferred.
The following will be considered an asset for Junior applicants:
- Professional experience in infrastructure development (e.g. engineering studies, supervision, sector or economic and strategic studies, master planning, project’s or program formulation, tendering and contracting, market studies, …).
- Good drafting skills, notably from the perspective of being able to structure information in a logical manner, convey clear messages following a logical sequence, synthesize information without distortions, and written using correct grammar and spelling.
- A higher degree, diploma or certificate in a field related to business, economics, project management, international cooperation, policy analysis, and/or financing in the infrastructure sector.
Applicants should email their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com
CV should be sent in English or Japanese + a small text in English (10 to 20 lines) introducing your application.
Please write “Application - IDD BD/PA position“ in the email subject line.
PADECO was established in 1983. With a practice including economics, engineering, environment, financial, management, legal, institutional, and planning studies for a wide range of public and private organizations, it is now one of the leading consulting firms in Japan. PADECO provides a broad range of services to its international clients from its Tokyo headquarters and from several field offices across Asia and around the world. PADECO’s uniqueness lies in its interdisciplinary and multicultural approach. The firm’s multinational professional staff expertise is supplemented by its worldwide associate members.
PADECO provides integrated professional services to clients including development partners such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, the United Nations Development Program, the Japan International Cooperation Agency, and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation, as well as governments and private firms in both developing and developed countries. PADECO has carried out assignments in over 150 countries throughout the world. PADECO is continuously seeking further opportunities to contribute to global development through the provision of professional consulting services.